Laticrete advises against using Hydroban as a primary roofing membrane over occupied space. Please see TDS 157 - Exterior Installations of Tile and Stone Over Occupied Space and Wood Decks for more information.
Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing Membrane 5 Gallons
Hydro Ban Product Description
- Approximate coverage of 5 gallons is 250 ft² (23.2 m²)
- Rapid cure in as little as 2 hours.
- Color change curing indication.
- Thin, load bearing waterproofing/crack isolation membrane.
- Forms a flexible, seamless waterproofing membrane.
- Laticrete Hydro Ban bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates including metal, PVC and ABS pipe fixtures.
- While wet, LATICRETE Hydro Ban can be washed from tools with water.
Hydro Ban Applications
- Interior and exterior.
- Swimming pools, fountains and water features.
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds.
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries.
- Spas and hot tubs (** not rate for continuous steam rooms).
- Kitchens and food processing areas.
Question & Answers
Hydroban eliminates the need for any fabric in the field, coves, or corners. The 6'' membrane fabric will not be necessary if you choose to use the Laticrete Hydroban to waterproof the area.
Yes, this can be sprayed on, however, there are certain steps you need to take to assure it works correctly. Please reference the manual here.
Though the Hydroban will bond to metals, we don't recommend it's use anywhere other than a tiled application.
Mike -- Please contact Laticrete tech service directly 1-800-243-4788 to ensure this product can be applied in that manner.
Yes, exterior glue plywood is a suitable substrate (for interior applications only).
Thanks for contacting Contractors Direct.
This item is currently available to ship from our facility in CT.
Expected transit time to NJ is 1 business day.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
I have been installing tile over 44 years and this is the best waterproofing I have Found. It is also great to use for control joints and isolation membrains.
Setting tile for 40 yrs best product for soap niches, curbs, well worth the money. Thanks contractors direct for your prompt service when ordering this product.
after looking online at all of the prices, hydroban was the one that kept coming up as the best bang for your buck. for the 5 gallons it is definitely worth the price because spreads so easily it will last you, and end up saving you money
this is the real deal, goes on easily, little to no oder and its pretty much foolproof if you read the directions. This is going to be my premier waterproofing product
Hydroban is a great product! When buying from contractors direct, we not only received a good price, but also received the product in a timely manner. www.morrisheatandair.com will continue to use contractors direct for our laticrete hydroban!