The Gemini Taurus saw that we sell comes with the Mega Blade as it is able to cut a wide variety of products including tile, marble, granite and some glass.
Gemini Taurus 3 Ring Saw with Mega Blade
Taurus 3 Ring Saw Features:
- Light duty ring saw, using the same technology found in the Revolution wet saw.
- The tool's cutting blade is a veritable "ring" of stainless steel whose 360 degree surface is completely coated with diamond grit.
- You can feed a piece of wall tile or glass into the blade from any direction and get a clean, accurate cut.
- Since the blade cuts so precisely, no further grinding is necessary.
- It produces finished cuts with intricacies that are impossible with conventional cutters.
- Portable, as it is easy to lift the motor and saw housing from the basin.
- Tile Shaper Separating Blade sold separately.
- One year factory warranty for motor.
- The Taurus 3 is shipped with all of the components to use it as a hand held saw
- Bottom door ( soak bottom door in water before using to lubricate blade)
- Thumb screw
- Bottom door clip
Taurus 3 Blades
- All blades cut the same materials: glass, tile, stone, shell, nonferrous metals, hard plastics such as acrylic and lexan, and anything that has a similar density to these materials.
- All blades use the same belt and grommets. Blades are interchangeable with the same belt and grommets and do not need to be changed unless they are excessively worn.
- Always let the blade do the cutting. Forcing the blade through the material in a hurry will not only cause a slower cut but can also shorten the blade life. There is an optimum speed for each blade in each material; you can feel it while you are cutting. Sensitivity to this causes extremely long blade life Defined it is that point at which you get maximum cutting speed for minimal pressure.
- Gemini Taurus 3 110V Tile Shaper Ring Saw
- 1 Mega Blade (installed)
- Integrated spot light
- Removable face shield
- 1 Stabilizer Foot
- 1 Instructional DVD and user manual
|Gemini Taurus 3 Ring Saw Specifications|
|Motor - Electric 110 V||1/5 hp|
|Throat Depth||5-5/8 in.|
|Throat Height||1-1/2 in.|
|17-3/4 in. x 16 in.|
|Weight||14 lbs (in box)|
Question & Answers
No this saw does not use a water pump instead the water is picked up by the blade from the basin.
The Gemini Taurus 3 Tile Shaper Ring Saw is designed for thin material like stain glass and soft tile. If you try cut porcelain the blade will cut through the drive belt. The Gemini Revolution XT is the best option for thick material and porcelain.
The life of the blade depends on the type and thickness of the material. Click here for Gemini Taurus 3 replacement blades
Gemini Saw Company, Inc warrants the Gemini Taurus 3 ring saw and all of its component parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship. All of these components except wear parts* are under warranty for a period of one year from the date of purchase.�
�Note: Wear Parts include Blades, Bearings, Drive Belt, and Grommets.
We do not recommend the Gemini Taurus 3 Ring Saw for thicker material. It works best with thin stained glass and soft tile. When cutting thicker material or harder material like porcelain the blade has a tendency to cut through the belt. A better option would be the Gemini Apollo or Gemini Revolution XT ring saw.
Item # 1032 Water Tub for Gemini Taurus 3 Saw. Call Us at (800) 709-0002 to order.
Yes, we ship internationally via UPS Worldwide Expedited. Please send a formal quote request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The stock Mega Blade can cut granite up to 3/4" thick, however, you may have to remove the saw's stabilizer foot to utilize the full 3/4" cutting capacity.
A 220/240 international voltage model is available for custom order. Please send an email to email@example.com and we'll be glad to help!
The Taurus 3 saw that we carry is packaged with a Mega Blade due to the majority of our customers cutting material that requires the Gemini Mega Blade.
Please refer to our shipping policy regarding international orders.
Shipping may be restricted to your location. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks for contacting contractors direct. The diamond blade can likely cut just about any hard material.
The blade has to do more work as the material hardness increases, which slows down the rate of cutting.
In short: Yes it will cut ruby, but it will be at a slow rate and the cut edge is susceptible to chipping while being cut.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
I love it!.... Very good product and the delivery was fast and very cheap. Im so glad i get it from you!
Just wanna say I really like the saw. It is great for stained glass work!!! Plus contractors direct are excellent in that they work with you for any questions or concerns!!!
The setup was easy and very fast. The instructions for use and the video were excelent and humorous. I started using the saw immediately and was making designs on glass and shaping minerals in half an hour. The saw works very well. I plan to use this saw frequently and will probably buy some of the enhancements.
Bought the Taurus 3 for cutting glass ceramic and glass mosaic.Love it..Blades are a bit costy though
This is our second Taurus 3. The first had issues with the circular blade coming off the track which required taking it apart and reinstalling the blade and belt.
This model has not come off the track once and my wife (an artist) uses it at least 4 hours a day. We are very pleased.
I bought this saw a few years ago and use it almost every day. I use 2 frozen water bottles drinking size like Ozarka. in it every time i power it up.i change the water about twice a week. Add a spot of liquid soap and TBS vinegar after water changes. i have gone through 3 Speed Blades and 1 Mega blade. one negative is the blade guide. i get the same life from my blades by using proper cutting techniques. Average thickness of glass is B-Cut Italian Smalti and Granite. The only things I've replaced are the red wheeled bearings, not the bearings just the wheels. And somehow my top cover clips worn so it doesn't close so i just use a light weight clamp works fine. I really love this saw. very well made. I find the use of a thin plexi glas over the table with several drainage holes, really makes cutting small pieces accurate and if you use the red sticker over the top of the table, it just peels off and gets in the way. I use the accessory kit with the straight edge and lamp angle to cut diamond strips, and keystone shapes fast! Love it!
It was time to replace my favorite saw . Received a Taurus 3 Ring saw as a gift , Used it for about 3 years now . They are my tool I can't survive without .
For making stained glass projects, the saw is great. The only complaint is the blade, it wears out to fast and is very costly to replace