Used bit to drill two 13/4" holes in a Ceramic Tile desk top in my home. Process took about two minutes for each hole with the use of the Adjustable Hole Saw Guide. Could not be more pleased with the excellent results achieved. Highly recommend these products for use with Porcelain or Ceramic Tiles.
Tomecanic Wet Porcelain Drill Bits
Tested and approved by our team.
Use Wet to keep drill bit cool.
Diamond Drill Bit Features
- Use with Adjustable Hole Saw Guide.
- Perfect holes when installing towel bars, soap-dishes, shelves, cabinets and shower door frames
- We tested this bit in hard porcelain and the results speak for themselves!
- Unsatisfactory results with FORAGRES WET mostly come from an excessive cutting speed.
- In some materials, he/she can also rely on the noise:
- if you hear "bzzzzz" it's OK.
- if you hear "crrrrrrr" there is something wrong.
- Segmented design works better and lasts longer.
- Fits standard 1/2" or 3/8" drill chucks.
- Drillings for passage of copper or steel pipes for radiator and HVAC.
- Draining-off pipes (copper or PVC) for bathtubs or sinks and bathroom washbasins.
- Drillings for passage of electric boxes, phone & IT sockets, TV sockets and switches.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
We worried while we watched our tile contractor struggle cutting holes in very hard ceramic tile. After he was gone, we had to drill out holes for bolting down the exterior lanterns. This bit cut cleanly and perfectly without any difficulty. We just angled it slightly when beginning the cut and kept the bit and tile wet with a spray bottle. Wow, done in no time!
I used the 5" size and it worked great drilling through a porcelain tile. Just had to set up a jig to keep the bit centred and keep wet with running water from a garden hose.
I purchased this with a bit of caution. I was told I would need a much more expensive drill bit to cut through a porcelain sink. I did so easily with this bit. It cut through it, like it was butter!
This bit drilled a 1 in hole in a quartz counter top in about 1 minute. I was worried drilling into my expensive Silestone top; but, this bit went through easily. I would highly recommend it.